Question

Photo of Scott Conger

(Success:False) on Workflow Entry Form

Anyone have an idea why this would happen?  I have an workflow entry form that works but if person selected doesn't have an email, I prompt the user with a second form that displays the user selected and a textbox.  The second form gets a (Success:False) in the log and does not continue with the activity or save the attribute.

"Request Email Address Activity > Request Email Address via Form Action : Processing Complete (Success:False)"

• Nick Airdo

Assuming you're using no custom actions, would you be willing to post a long screenshot of the part of the WF that holds the second form? (Side note: At some point We're going to need a way to export/import WF so we can share and/or help troubleshoot such things... anyone in the dev community interested in building that feature?)

• David Leigh

Hey Nick - I would be interested in taking up the challenge of developing a general purpose import/export feature, because we need a way of transferring data from test to production (data views, reports, workflows, etc). I'd need to workshop the design with someone from the dev team first though, so if that's a possibility just let me know the best way to get started.

• Photo of Scott Conger

Hi Nick - Sorry for the slow follow up.  We had a lot of prep work to do.  We launched Rock for our church yesterday.  Woot!

I can send a screenshot, if you think it's helpful.  However, we "fixed" our issue.  We found three things. 

1) The log showed failure after the form but it was cause by an activity way down the list of steps.  Meaning the workflow was getting a lot furthur then the logs were showing.

2) Rock.Workflow.Action.UserEntryForm.Execute() always returns false.  This partnered with the log had us looking at the wrong problem.

3) The actual failure was caused by this:  The Entity loses it's value, eventually.  For us, it was after the first entry form.  So by the time we did the action "Set Attribute From Entity", entity did not have a value.  We moved it to the second step in our workflow and then it all worked.