Question

Photo of Trey Hendon III

Custom Financial Gateway

Has anyone started working on a custom gateway?  I know they can be added to Rock, however didn't know if/where any documentation might be to point me down that rabbit hole?

• Photo of David Stevens

We wrote a CyberSource gateway.  There are several base methods required to implement a gateway, but following the Payflow Pro example was simple enough.

• Photo of Ross Li

Hi David,

May I ask which CyberSource API does this utilize? Will it be the SOAP API or the Simple Order API? Our church uses CyberSource here but our current subscription utilizes the CyberSource Secure Acceptance method which uses different transaction methods than the API does. I have spoke with our merchant account provider about using other CyberSource API after reading this post but they need to know exactly which one.

Many thanks!

• Photo of Ross Li

I built the CyberSource dll using the github project and copied cc.newspring.CyberSource.dll only into my hosting environment (wwwroot/Bin), however I don't see the new payment method under Financial Gateways. Am I missing a step somewhere? Sorry I have only developed in php before so ASP.NET deployment is new to me. Not sure if I am meant to put the dll into the RockWeb\Bin folder of the Rock source project and rebuild the entireRock.

Thanks.

• Photo of David Stevens

No, you don't need to rebuild the Rock project.  Have you tried restarting the Rock website?  

The other problem might be the version of Rock you're running -- we develop against the latest alpha (1.4) so the CyberSource plugin probably has some breaking changes with 1.3.  I thought we had a branch compatible with 1.3 but I don't see it on the repo.

Once Rock sees the plugin it should add it to the gateways:

Screenshot 2015-08-16 08.47.25.png