Question

Photo of Ken Roach

How can I sort the 'My Tasks' block and the 'Workflow Entry' page by Workflow name not date?

I have created a new page and added the My Workflows Liquid block.

I have added these lines to the block to get just the one workflow type I wanted.  (It would be helpful in the Categories drop down could drill down to the specific type of Workflow.)

mt1.jpg

This produces a list of the workflows which is sorted in date order (oldest to newest):

mt2.jpg

This makes sense for tasks that need to resolved in date order.  But name order might be relevant in some situations.  And when narrowing down the list like I'm trying to do, so that we can use the list at registration time - it makes more sense for the list to be sorted alphabetically.

Is there anyway to sort this list?

Could the following sort options be added to this block?

Sort by - date [  ]   name  [  ]

Sort - ascending  [  ]  descending  [  ]

This also affects the default My Tasks block on the home page.  This block includes a list sorted by date.  But if there are multiple tasks from different workflows they are all mixed up.  Maybe they should be sorted by Category then by date by default?

mt3.jpg

Is there any way I can force this sort - or this an enhance request?

(I'm now looking to see if I can achieve what I'm trying to using a dynamic block.)

This also applies to the Workflow Entry page that displays at the bottom of the My Workflows page (292):

mt4.jpg

Again - great if you want to work with the tasks in date order, not so helpful if trying to work with the list in sorted name order.  Could the name column be sorted, and the Added Date be shown and sortable?

The Workflow Manage list is sortable by name, which is great.

• Photo of Nick Airdo

Ken, I know this may not be exactly what you're looking for, but Nick Sheck created a MyWorkflowsSortable.lava file for the 4.0 release (which you can see/copy from here) that includes two small javascript libraries (moment.min.js and bootstrap-sortable.js).  It lets you sort the results dynamically as seen here:

MyWorkflowsSortable.png

I suspect anything beyond that would either need to be a custom block mod or an enhancement request.