Question

Photo of Michael Anderson

Trying to install and get signalr/hub 404

Hello,

I'm trying to get this installed on my church's shared hosting site.

Running IIS 8.5, SQL server 2016, folder set as asp.net application using .net 4.5. Folder permissions updated. Database and user created.

Using Chrome:

The start.aspx runs fine and it passes all the validations.

The install.aspx displays fine, I clicked get started, enter my database information and clicked next and nothing happens.

The console shows the following error.

"https://{mydomain}/{myrockappfolder}/signalr/hubs Install.aspx:26

Error Loading Hubs. Ensure your hubs reference is correct...{jquery stack track}"

Checking the folder through Filezilla, it had a web.config, a couple .aspx files, a bin with numerous dlls added to it but does indeed not have a signalr/hubs.

Under the Network developer tool of chrome it does indeed show the 404 I would expect as it's looking for something that doesn't exist.

Reading the Install.aspx it has a script tag src "./signalr/hubs". The only other references to signalr are in the Start.aspx that downloaded a couple dlls for it, which are present in the bin, the script tag to include it and a comment right before a connection is attempted to open "// connect to the install controller signalr hub"

Seems either the folder was supposed to copy down or the path it's using is wrong.

Appreciate any help.

• Photo of Michael Roth

Hey Michael,  

1. Are you using a sub folder, sub domain or something different than normal?  A little more details would be nice to help. 

2.try not using sql 2016. Sometimes I have issues with certain host with 2014 and 2016 sql. The best bet is use 2012 sql and see if you can get it to work. 

3. Will this be the final home for this or just a test?  I would try not to use a shared host setup and would suggest a more robust option like a vps or vm. If you have not purchased anything you might want to think about a change. Microsoft helps non profits out with 5k a year if you have a 501c

• Photo of Michael Anderson

Hello Michael,

I ended up going through the developer option to pull down the source, compiled, published and configured it myself.

Thanks,

Michael