Question

Photo of Bereket Girma

Version 6.4 issue on Azure

I (Admin) am unable to login after I upgraded to Rock version 6.4:

Hey... We can't let you view this page...
Unfortunately, you are not authorized to view the page you requested.
Please contact your Rock administrator if you need access to this resource.

Yesterday I did fix this issue by restarting the VM but it didn't work today.

Note:

• I am running Rock on Azure.
  • I took a back up of SQL DB and a copy of wwwroot folder before I did install the new version.

• Shawn Ross

What page are you seeing this on? Can you provide a link or a Page ID?

Can you get to the following Page ID's by going to <your.server.address>/page/<page#>
    /page/12
    /page/76
    /page/103

Page 12 is the internal site "home" after logging in
    Page 76 is CMS Configuration
    Page 103 is Page Map

• Photo of Bereket Girma

Thanks for help!

This issue is nothing to do with v6.4.  :-)

I have recently inactivated myself, I was inactivated in all groups (including security role groups) and re-activating my profile doesn't reactivate my group membership. So I make sure I am an active member of RSR - Rock Administration. I go to Admin Tools/ Security/Security Roles and look at the RSR - Rock Administration member list, from that I was able to see that I was inactive status in the security role.

Alyssa Winegar thanks for finding the root cause.

• Photo of Bereket Girma

page 12, 76 and 103 pop up similar error message.

External site works fine (I can login through an external site)...the only page works for an internal site is https://SubDomaim.Domain.org/Page/3 (login Page).

Separate issue: How do I post a comment on this page?

• Photo of Jim Michael

This looks like a rights issue, and I've not seen any problems with rights on the 4 systems I've upgraded to 6.4. Are you sure you're not trying to log in as a user that has no rights to the rock portal? (user needs to be in RSR-Administrators or RSR- Staff Workers to log in to Rock). Or maybe you have a stuck session cookie... try it from an incognito window on your browser to test.

• Photo of Shawn Ross

Discussion moved to Slack #Troubleshooting channel for now