Question

Photo of Knolly Shadrache

Theme drops off when not logged in on internal and external sites on a refresh??

Does anyone know what could cause that to happen please?

Just happened at random on 2 separate 6.10 Rock sites in the last week

Thanks

• Photo of Michael Garrison

It sounds to me like what can happen if you don't have separate addresses for accessing the different sites. I recommend making sure you use something like rock.mychurch.com for the internal site and my.mychurch.com for the external site (or www.mychurch.com if you're using Rock as your public site. Can you confirm whether that's the case?

• Photo of Knolly Shadrache

Hi thank you for reaching out so quickly!

Yes I have the url setup you describe on 2 installations -  a dev/test site we've had for 4-5 months, and a template site we aim to go live with that has been fine for just over a month.

The issue happened late last week on the dev site but at that time the other site was fine. 

To fix it on the dev site, I had to restore the VM from a backup as I couldn't find a reason why it happened.

Then yesterday it struck on the live template site and I have no idea why.

All I recall changing was the name of the external site in both cases.

If you can shed any light or pointers to what I should look for perhaps in the db if necessary I'd appreciate it.

What is wierd is the theme assets drop off on both internal and external sites, only if you log out then refresh the page....?

• Knolly Shadrache

Think I might be onto something with folder permissions in IIS that may have changed as a result of something else

• Knolly Shadrache

Hi, unfortunately not the issue.

I've backed up and then recovered to a couple of checkpoints back. The issue has gone so just need to find out what on earth caused it and restore/fix?!!

• Knolly Shadrache

OK so it's not database or Rock Config issue, as I've restored the most recent data post fail. It isn't a plugin or permissions issue either. So I can only assume something happened to the Rock installation as that's the only thing that is different about the setup that is now working with restored files from a 2 checkpoints back.

Case solved!

• Nick Airdo

Perhaps it was a caching issue once you changed the site names? There is a server side cache and I've sometimes seen a browser's aggressive caching can cause similar havock.