Question

Photo of Brandon Fuchs

Excel Export Feature Error Business List Page

When clicking the export to excel button I receive the following error message. The Page I specifically am working to export to excel is the Business List found under the Financial Tab. I am an Administrator in Rock so access shouldn't be a problem. 

XmlException in System.Xml
'"' is an unexpected token. The expected token is ';'. Line 1, position 162.

Stack Trace

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.HandleEntityReference(Boolean isInAttributeValue, EntityExpandType expandType, Int32& charRefEndPos)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseAttributeValueSlow(Int32 curPos, Char quoteChar, NodeData attr)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseAttributes()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElement()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
at OfficeOpenXml.Table.ExcelTable..ctor(ExcelWorksheet sheet, ExcelAddressBase address, String name, Int32 tblId)
at OfficeOpenXml.Table.ExcelTableCollection.Add(ExcelAddressBase Range, String Name)
at Rock.Utility.ExcelHelper.FormatWorksheet(ExcelWorksheet worksheet, String title, Int32 headerRows, Int32 rows, Int32 columns)
at Rock.Web.UI.Controls.Grid.Actions_ExcelExportClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Rock.Web.UI.Controls.GridActions.lbExcelExport_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean inc

How would I go about fixing this? 

• Photo of Michael Garrison

It seems to work for me on the demo site, and I know I've used excel export recently on other grids. You're saying it's all grids, not just the business list grid? Normally I would expect some malformed data in imported businesses, but if it's all grids, that seems less likely

• Photo of Michael Garrison

Assuming your data was imported, visually scan your list of businesses and see if there are any unusual characters in any of the fields. Perhaps a double quote character, though that's just a guess based on the error you posted.