Question

Photo of Matt Coulter

Trying to test Check-in printing with Demo

My church is trying the demo out to see if this will work for us.  We would prefer to have the servers hosted.  We would like to use iPads for check-in.  So according to what I'm reading we can set the iPads to print from Client and we should be able to print to a local printer.  However, I'm not able to reproduce this functionality with the demo site, is that possible?  I've read the documents and looked through videos but I must be missing something.

• Photo of Lee Peterson

On the demo site, the Main Campus Central Kiosk device is set to "print from server". You can change it to "print from client" and it should work. I just changed it for you. It gets reset every night.

On the iPad, set the domain to http://rock.rocksolidchurchdemo.com/checkin, and the printer to your printer's IP address. 

• Photo of Matt Coulter

Shouldn't the iPad app also work this way?  I've tried all these settings again and still nothing is printing out.

• Photo of Lee Peterson

It should work, as long as your iPads can talk to your printer. The iPad sends the print job directly to the printer. What happens when you check someone in? Is it safe to assume that you have a Zebra printer?

This would probably be best solved on Slack in the rockrms.slack.com #check-in channel if you want to hop over there. That's a great place to get other questions answered, too. Welcome to Rock!

• Photo of Matt Coulter

I'm trying to test with a Dymo particularly the newer wireless Dymo.  Is that just not going to work?  I do not have a Zebra.  Is there anything else I can test with or does it have to be the zebra?

• Photo of Lee Peterson

No, unfortunately it has to be Zebra (or a few others, of which GoDex is one). Rock sends the print job in Zebra Programming Language, and Dymo doesn't understand that. You'll be happy with Zebra if you move to Rock. They're excellent printers.