Question

Photo of Allison Rushing

Age/Grade Override for Checkin

Is there any way to set one child to always override the age/grade limit on a classroom for checkin? It's frustrating for the parent's to always need someone to manually override the system for them every week. We have a child with some special needs who is 13 but still comes to the 3rd-5th grade older elementary class. His grade is set to 5th grade, but I think his age is still preventing him from being able to checkin to that class. It would be helpful if I could have him automatically override the age limit without someone having to manually do it every time.

• Photo of David Stevens

Rock has some capability to accommodate Special Needs and allow those children to go to a regular classroom, but you can also create a group attached to multiple locations, and require membership on the group to check-in there.

• Photo of Lee Peterson

Unless you have a specific reason to have an age range on a grade-based group, if you leave the age range fields blank and have "Grade is Required" selected in the check-in configuration advanced settings Rock will allow anyone with the correct grade on their profile to check in, regardless of age.

• Photo of Allison Rushing

We've only been using Rock for a few months now so when we did our big database migration from our old system there were a lot of kids who didn't have a grade set and therefore couldn't checkin in when I had it set to check in by grade. I'm planning to switch it back to grade soon now that it has been used long enough to get grades added in. Hopefully that will fix the issue here. Thanks.