Question

Photo of Brian Daneu

Event Checkin How to

Is there any documentation on how to do events and use the check-in system I see the parts but can't find the documents on how to connect them together.

• Photo of Jim Michael

I answered this in Slack will will post here too. It's not spelled out step-by-step in the docs, but it's pretty easy...

First, I assume you know how to associate an Event Registration with a group that will facilitate check-in. You'll want to create a new Group Type for your event groups, not just "general groups". If you want a new "check-in configuration" for Events under Admin | Check-In | Check-In configuration, make a new Group Type called _Event Check-In Area_ (or whatever) and set its Purpose to _Check-In Template_ and save it. Then make another Group Type you will use for Event Check-In groups (we call ours _Class/Event Check-In_)  and make sure you have _Takes Attendance_ checked as well as _Enable Location Schedules_ checked on this group type. Now make the Class/Event Check-In group type a child of the Event Check-In Area group type.

Now you should see a new Event Check-In Area button under check-in config. Within there you should see your Class/Event Group Type ("area") and any groups of that type that represent your Event registrations. Configure labels and such here just like the other check-in configurations, and configure the schedule for the groups via the registration.

Hopefully that's clear as mud.