Question

Photo of Casey Dierking

Pending Emails only send when I manually run Send Communication Job

I have a question about Communications. We're setup through Mailjet and it all works fine. However, when church members try to send an email on the external site through the Group toolbox, these emails get stuck in a "Pending" mode. The Cronjob for Send Communications is set to send every 10 minutes, and No approval is required to send email. I'm wondering why these get stuck. They all send just fine when I manually start the job.

Do you guys have any tips here?

• Photo of Jim Michael

On the jobs screen, is your Job Pulse automatically running? It sounds like your jobs might not be running, which can happen when the job pulse can't run the keepalive page. Also check for errors related to the KeepAlive page in the Exceptions log under Admin | System Settings.

• Casey Dierking

Hi Jim,

Looks like there is an issue going on, but I have no idea how to fix it at this point. I Click on the Exceptions Log and it takes a while to load. Then it gives me the errors below. I've checked my connection strings and MultipleActiveResults=true" is correctly set.

I'm really not sure how to proceed.

Exception in App_Code.c_lxybvm
      An error occurred in Entity Framework when attempting to connect to your database. This could be caused by a missing 'MultipleActiveResultSets=true' parameter in your connection string settings.
      Stack Trace
      at RockWeb.Global.Application_Error(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\App_Code\Global.asax.cs:line 419

• EntityCommandExecutionException in EntityFramework
        An error occurred while executing the command definition. See the inner exception for details.

-- SqlException in .Net SqlClient Data Provider
      Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

--- Win32Exception in
      The wait operation timed out