• Photo of Jim Michael

At a glance, it looks like Softsys does Windows hosting with SQL server, so it should be able to run Rock. However, you need to steer away from the bargain basement plans. Example: Their $9/mo "personal shared" plan only allows a 500MB SQL Database. That's way too small for Rock, unless you have a church of 50 people that will never grow ;-) Even the $13.75 plan has only a 1GB db, which again I would consider too small for any production Rock DB. Also, with "shared" hosting your mileage may vary... it all depends on how much they over-provision their hosts, but you could end up with really bad performance. 

I personally wouldn't run Rock without a "dedicated" server, but we have 60k people in our db. So, I've never heard of anyone running rock on Softsys but it should work, though how well is anyone's guess. You might compare their prices with the recommended hosts that have been proven to run Rock well. Finally, if you're a 501c3 there's the option for a $5000/yr Azure credit available via TechSoup. Many are taking advantage of that to run Rock in a "premier" cloud environment for no to little cost.

• Photo of Rainelle Ellerbe

Yes I am a 501c3 and I have a techsoup account. Do you mind telling me how do I get the Azure credit

• Photo of Jim Michael

It's all detailed here https://www.rockrms.com/Rock/Book/31/119 If you get stuck you might join the Rock Slack Team at www.rockrms.com/slack  as that's a real-time chat environment where a bunch of "Rock Stars" hang out and it can be better for troubleshooting an install as you're doing it, etc.

• Photo of Michael Roth

I echo what Jim says about following the book link above and getting on slack.  It helps with the learning curve.  For more info via tech soup you can get the some basic details http://www.techsoup.org/community/events-webinars/microsoft-azure-2016-10-19 

And dont be afraid to ask any questions that you have!

• Photo of Rainelle Ellerbe

Thank you, I completed most of the steps and now I'm installing Rock but I'm stuck because its asking for my hosting address for my organization.  I didn't create one and don't know how to. Is there a guide to complete this task