Question

Photo of Jason Whitehorn

Connections workflow

Hey guys...cone of grace here.

I have read the manuals.  I appreciate them.  I have even tried to go back through them by searching.  Ive tried to do my due diligence because I've had my hand smacked a bit when I first jumped in and asked a question...but I can't seem to find the answer.  We are new in Rock.  So we do not have all of our serving opportunities set up.  So let's take the ones that ship with Rock, for example.  When someone on the external site responds to an opportunity...they are notified that "your request to serve has been submitted."   Who gets it?  Where does it show up?  How does that workflow get changed?

Thanks, in advance, for your help - withstanding "read the manual".  I have :)

• Eddie Holeman

We are also new to Rock, so in the process of learning, but I believe in part the answer to your question lies in the configuration of the Opportunity Type that you are working with. The person that "gets it" is the Connector. So, if you go into the Connection Groups tab and add a Connector group, then you can add a default Connector. This would be the person that always starts as the Connector for this opportunity type.

• Photo of Derek Mangrum

Hello.

I am not sure about the sample Connection Opportunities that ship with Rock (it's been a while), but we have workflows that we have built that are part of our Connection process. They are triggered when a Connection Request is made. The Connections docs has a section called 'Connection Workflows' (the last section in the manual). It talks about how to build the workflows, what data is passed in to the triggered workflow from the Connection Request, how to actually trigger the workflow (there are various triggers available), etc.

So, our basic setup is such that the workflow trigger is set on our Connection Types (the last section on the Connection Type configuration page) with a trigger of 'Request Started'. That way, each new Connection Request that is made starts a workflow. The workflow then saves the passed-in data to workflow attributes, sends emails, notifies Connectors, follows-up, etc.

Hope that helps.

• Photo of Jason Whitehorn

Eddie's comment on my question above helped tremendously.  Thanks!