Question

Photo of Ross Li

Best way to allow paid event registration using cash

When we have event registration, we would like to allow for both online registration with credit card payment (with no partial payment) and also registration with cash at a sign-up table. Is there a way to allow registrants to sign up using Rock and pay with cash immediately without having a staff logged on to the internal site at the sign-up table?

Have any churches done this with a similar setup?

• Photo of Jim Michael

I don't know of a clean way to do this, other than perhaps to have a zero-cost event with a fee (that equals the cost) that people paying online can choose, and people paying cash can bypass. The only other thing I can think of is a discount code (of, say, CASH) the user can be instructed to enter if they are paying cash, that discounts 100%.

It's possible I'm missing something obvious since I don't deal with the event reg system a lot, but if that's the case someone who knows more will surely correct me ;-)

• Photo of Luke Taylor

We had a similar issue.  Our workaround was to create a promo code that someone paying cash could use at the time of checkout, which would be provided to them upon receipt of their payment.  It's a little backwards - we take the money, give you a code, then you can register, but it accomplished the goal for us.