Question

Photo of Aaron Jones

Group Schedule Order of Service (Worship Set Planning)

One of the features I'm asked about often with the new group scheduling is can they use it for their worship service (add a setlist, upload resources such as key, instructional videos, etc.) This would allow most to navigate away from using multiple applications such as PCO with Rock. My church also currently uses PCO so this is something they have expressed interest in if they could just use the same capabilities in Rock. I would see this as being "attributes" on the actual schedule occurrence but I don't believe there is a way currently to do that. Has anyone done something similar or a work-around?

• Photo of Danielle Vos

There are many many churches using Rock and PCO alongside each other. IIRC Spark isn't interested in adding worship planning into group scheduling because it would be impossible to compete with PCO. There is a PCO Sync plugin in the Rock Shop that allows the two systems to "talk" to each other and that's what we use.

• Aaron Jones

Thanks for the input Danielle. We are a smaller church so they don't want to purchase the PCO plugin so I'm trying to determine if there would be a benefit to pushing for using the Rock Group Schedule features or if there wouldn't be a benefit since they are using PCO currently. Are you using the group schedule features in Rock or just doing everything within PCO

• Jim Michael

We're doing the same as Danielle... PCO for music/tech, and Rock's simpler scheduling for all other teams. It's not an "either/or", but "both/and/" PCO has features geared toward music/tech that Rock will likely never have, but it's also a "sledgehammer" for simple volunteer scheduling when all you want to do is push a thumbtack into the wall (aka schedule the coffee bar team.)