Photo of Mary Adams

Directory

Is there a way to export the directory into an excel spreadsheet?

• Photo of Mary Adams

I figured out the excel sheet.  Under Tools you do the following...

*Data Views   *Adult Member & Attendees   *On top left click 'Create Report'   *Category select Organization   *Applies to Person   *Click Add Fields and for each area you want you add a field.  

Click Save.  Than at the top click the table and it will download an excel sheet with the information you want.

• Photo of Danielle Vos

Hi Mary,

I don't believe there is a way to export the directory into excel. However, if you look at the block settings, you can see which data view the directory is pulling from (ours is "Members & Attendees"). If you go to that data view, you can create a report with all the info you would like for the people in that data view.

• Photo of Mary Adams

Here is what I am trying to do.  With this quarantine and being isolated, I am wanting to break down the list so that I can just email the names and phone numbers to some people so that they can give our people a call to make sure they are doing ok or if they need anything.  I started doing it myself but there are so many in the database that the quarantine will be lifted before I get done.

Any ideas would be appreciated. 

• Danielle Vos

Have you seen the Connection Campaigns plugin in the Rock shop? Spark developed it (it's free!) and it's a great way to track who is calling who. It utilizes the out of the box Connection Requests which allows you to leave notes, etc that will tie to the person profile. It's really easy to set up.

• Photo of Tiffany Bunney

We are going to use the Connection Campaign for our next cycle, but for the first time around, I created a merge template of just names and phone numbers, so we could give out a list to call.

• Photo of Mary Adams

How did you do that exactly?  I have tried different things and am having no luck.

• Photo of Tiffany Bunney

Name_and_Phones.docx - here is the file I used. It has our logo, but you can at least pull the merge fields.