Question

Photo of Nelson Chan

Check-in Label error: Birthday icon showing up under load

Hello guys. I'm looking into an issue where the birthday icon in check-in labels are printing out erroneously. It seems to be happening when the server is under high load.

Has anyone encountered this issue before?

• Photo of Shawn Ross

Nelson, I did a cursory search of Issues and didn't see anything that sounds like your concern.

1. Is this happening only to a particular printer, or to all?
    2. Can you define what erroneously means?

Keep in mind that a client of some sort must generate the print job. As far as I'm aware this assumption I'm making is true for any and all Check In print jobs.

I'd start by trying to figure out if swapping to a different printer causes the issue to go away. This almost sounds like something is messed up on the printer itself.

• Photo of Ross Li

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for the reply. I'm Ross and I'm on the same team as Nelson.

Here is an example of the label printed at 9:20am Sunday morning:

20210528_174332.jpg

The label template is set to print the birthday icon when daystobirthday is < 7, but this child's daystobirthday is 97.

We tried reprinting the label again on the same check-in station and the same printer at 9:45am:

20210528_141335.jpg

We get a brand new set of labels and pickup tag, and this time the birthday icon is not shown. 

We have only noticed this happening this past few weeks and nothing really changed (or we just didn't notice before). 

We also noticed that on our label we are using a daystobirthday field, but in Reports, we are only able to display a Days Until Birthday field for verification. In Lava, it seems like we can access both of these fields, and both have the correct value (with days to birthday shown in local Hong Kong timezone cutoff, and days until birthday seems to be showing server time).

Any hints as to what could be the cause are appreciated as we give a little gift to those with the birthday icon and we don't want to cause any disappointments due to this error =)

Many thanks!