Question

Photo of Chris Jeter

Printable Picture Directory

I can't seem to find a way, no matter how I structure a merge template, to create a printable directory report that includes pictures. I've scoured the manuals with no luck. Surely someone has written code to make this happen?? 

• Photo of Leah Jennings

Hi Chris!

We've done something similar to be able to print our staff list with pictures, however note that I am using a PDF Document Type from  the PDF Toolkit plugin. But this code should at least get you started!

StaffContactSheet.txt

• Photo of Karen Norris

Hey Leah,

The link to your lava goes to a 404 page. I'd love to see it as well. I do have the pdf toolkit plugin.

• Photo of Leah Jennings

Thanks for letting me know, Karen! Looks like the file browser didn't like .lava files, so I changed it to .txt. Just know when you upload it to the merge template, it should be .lava.

• Photo of Craig Mashburn

Here is our pictorial directory. It is an HTML merge...

Southwest_Print_Directory_with_Pics.html

• Photo of Chris Jeter

Craig, your HTML merge gets me the closest so far, but I can't seem to get people's pictures to show up. It only shows blank media boxes next to each person, like no photo is available. What might I be missing?

• Craig Mashburn

Perhaps you are not storing your photos in the default location?

src="{{ 'Global' | Attribute:'InternalApplicationRoot' }}{{ head.PhotoUrl }}"

I can confirm this still works for us.