Question

Photo of Doug Curlee

Lava WorkflowActivate Parameters

Team,

I'm attempting to launch a Workflow using a Lava Run action type.  Seems incredibly straightforward, but I can't get it to launch.

In the WorkflowType 52, it's expecting four parameters: 

• Person-SubmittingCard (PERSON)
  • Person-CampusPastor (PERSON)
  • VisitNumber (TEXT)
  • Campus (CAMPUS)

52 is the correct id of the workflow I'm attempting to activate and I CAN get it to activate if I use the Activate Workflow Action Type in another step with the parameters.

Here's the code:

{% workflowactivate WorkflowType:'52' Person-SubmittingCard:{{ Workflow | Attribute:'Person-SubmittingCard', 'RawValue' }} Person-CampusPastor:{{ Workflow | Attribute:'Person-CampusPastor', 'RawValue' }} VisitNumber:'{{ Workflow | Attribute:'VisitNumber' }}' Campus:{{ Workflow | Attribute:'Campus', 'RawValue' }} %}

Activated new workflow with the id of #{{ Workflow.Id }} and name of {{ Workflow.Name }}.

{% endworkflowactivate %}

In the Enable Lava Commands section, I have ALL checked.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Doug Curlee

• Photo of Doug Curlee

Figured it out, two things wrong:

1.  Found this article:  https://github.com/SparkDevNetwork/Rock/issues/3003  Parms needed to be all lowercase and I pulled out the hyphens as well.  

2.  Had to have a variable in the Attribute (The attribute to store the result in) field - which I was left blank.  I created a TEXT attribute and selected that TEXT attribute from the list.

Working like a champ.

Thanks Tyler and Steven - appreciate the feedback.

DC

• Photo of Tyler Berens

If you fix the single apostrophes does it work? I only see surrounding ticks on your VisitNumber attribute.

• Photo of Doug Curlee

Tyler,

Thanks for the reply.  Good thought - I've now tried it both ways, ticks around each, as well as no ticks - still doesn't fire.  

I created another new workflow with zero parameters.  The new workflow simply sends an SMS message to my phone.  Here's the call of the new workflow, doesn't fire... 

lava.jpg

• Photo of Tyler Berens

You will need the ticks around each. I'd make sure your Attribute Key's line up and maybe try removing the - from your Attribute Key's to see if that is causing any issues.