Question

Photo of Oleg Timoshchuk

How to edit blocks for a specific registration?

When I add a block to one of my registration events and add a banner photo (using html) to that registration all my other registrations get affected. Is there a way to add a banner image to a specific registration without affecting any of my other registrations?

Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 7.45.28 PM.png

• Photo of Oleg Timoshchuk

I figured out a way to solve my issue.Here is a step by step way to get this to work:

When you go to Admin Tools -> CMS Configuration -> Pages -> External Homepage -> Calendar (I called my calendar UPCLife Calendar). You will see a default "Registration Page"

What I did is make a copy of this page and called it something else (for instance "Registration - Women's Conference"). Below I have a bunch of different Registration Pages.

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 7.54.55 PM.png

Now each time you copy a page there is a unique page number associated to the page. For me it was /page/557. You can find this under URL:

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 7.58.44 PM.png

Now since I already have a registration template created on my end and a template instance created I linked my registration to my UPCLife Calendar.

Registration Template/Instance Already set up:

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 8.01.03 PM.png

Calendar Set up:

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 8.02.07 PM.png

Now navigate to your Calendar and take a note of the EventOccurenceId number. In my case its 22.

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 8.05.26 PM.png

No since you have the EventOccurenceId and the URI number we got from copied registration page go into your Windows server and navigate to your theme Lava source code. In my case I am using Stark theme:  Themes -> Stark -> Assets -> Lava.

Open CalendarItem.lava and navigate to below code:

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 8.09.16 PM.png

Now you will need to change this source to say if an EventItemOccurenceId is equal to 22 to open RegistrationPage as 557.

Below is the source of this. Since I have many registrationPages highlighted is this specific scenario:

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 8.14.42 PM.png

You can see that only for EventItemOccurenceID's 8,5,9,10,18,19,20,22,23 will navigate to a specific registrationpage. The rest of the EventItemOccurenceID's not listed here will by default go to the default RegistrationPage (the last else statement takes care of this).

Now for each registration, you can change out the layout of the page as you wish without it changing for each registration. For instance here are a few of my registration pages:

Women's Conference Registration Page:

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 8.20.57 PM.png

Awana Registration Page:

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 8.21.30 PM.png

Children's Choir Registration:

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 8.21.46 PM.png

• Photo of DJ Grick

You could probably wrap the image in a Lava if tag that looks at page parameter. This is above my experience in lava.