Question

Photo of DJ Grick

Building Out Pushpay's Integration

Our church recently launched online giving using Pushpay. We were excited for text to give, event registration, and being able to launch an app for our church. The downfall to pushpay is that the only thing that really integrates with Rock is downloading giving history. 

This got us over the hump of launching online giving, but means for event registration we have to push people out to their site  and not capture their information in Rock. 

To make the App feel like it was integrated with Rock we created a new website in rock, removed all headers and menus, tweaked the theme, added the content we wanted (like prayer features and content channels) to pages, and embedded those pages into the app. 

Looking around at their API documentation it appears they have the ability to integrate payments in a much larger way with Rock. Their Fruit Stand example shows pushpay working as the processor for a shopping cart which leads me to believe they could also process online giving and event registration within Rock. 

Not being a developer myself this is all the further I have gotten with research. Has anyone looked into building out Pushpay's integration with Rock to allow similar functionality to NMI/Mywell? 

• Photo of Jon Edmiston

Hey DJ! The Pushpay integration is owned by Pushpay. While the core team does help with the development and support of the integration as a consulting project (to help fill the funding gap) we don't chart the direction of it. I do know that they are very interested in continuing to integrate deeper with ChMS's including Rock.

• DJ Grick

Thanks for the reply Jon. I wasn't really thinking about the core team when asking about this I was more wondering if anyone was making an additional plug-in. Then again I guess that could get messy as pushpay does more updates them self.

If they ever give you the opportunity please let them know (at lease some in) the community would like to see the payment processing more integrated into Rock.