Question

Photo of Terri Donahoe

Data Integrity - Duplicate Finder issue

Howdy, 

I am a user, not a developer or programmer so apologize in advance for not saying knowing the language.

When running Data Integrity - Duplicate Finder, I get over 200 records showing up, and there are a handful of valid duplicates I am able to merge.  However, when I click on the majority of them, I get the next screen (Person Duplicates, screen 8844) and it tells me "No duplicates found for this person."

Hmmm... then why is that person (and 200 of his closest friends) showing up on my Duplicate Finder report?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Terri Donahoe
Grace Community Church
210-659-8200
terri@discovergrace.church

• Photo of DJ Grick

That is odd behavior but something I have seen in the last when I am working through a lot of duplicates. I think the scenario goes something like this....

PersonA, PersonB, and PersonC are all possible duplicates. 

Sometimes I open PersonA and merge them with PersonC and mark PersonB as "ignore". 

Further in my list are PersonB and PersonC when I open them I see no one under them because I already solved those issues when interacting with PersonA. But these blank duplicates don't go away until the job runs again.

So I'm curious how often your Calculate Person Duplicate job runs. Is that something you are able to check? 

Navigate to: Admin tools>System Settings>Jobs Administrator 

If it's been a while I would choose to manually run it to see if the list cleans up at all. 

• Photo of Terri Donahoe

Looks like the Calculate Person Duplicate job runs daily.  And now I have over 1000 not-really duplicates!!

Grrrr...