Question

Photo of Jennifer Keylon

App availability

Is access to each church's Rock RMS site available as an app? (something we found lacking with CCB) Or is this something that needs to be developed and added in through developer tools?

Thank you,

Jennifer

• Photo of Michael Garrison

Rock is designed as a mobile-responsive website, the idea being that you don't NEED an app to access it-just your browser. You could always wrap the site in an app, but there's no benefit (or very little) to doing so.

I believe at least one church has open sourced their app based on Rock, but I'd have to double check that I'm remembering correctly, and of course all of the app-specific bits are specific to their ministry, so while it's a good start for a developer, it's not exactly a turnkey solution.

What functionality are you looking for in an app? Perhaps if we start with what you want out of an app, we can help you get that 

• Photo of Jennifer Keylon

Thanks for responding! Maybe a mobile version is more of what we are looking for than an app. We just need to be able to access the system easily. Something that allows people to search, view calendars, and give. Editing profiles, loading pictures and files, etc. Going through the browser is clunky, at least in my past experience with CCB. Maybe the solution would best be to integrate the buttons into our church mobile app. We are just looking for a clean look and all info to be displayed on the screen at one time, instead of having to scroll left to right to view all info, such as in a browser. Does that make sense? (I've not had my Monday caffeine jumpstart yet ;)) 

• Michael Garrison

I recommend grabbing your phone and loading the demo site (http://rock.rocksolidchurchdemo.com). Search for people (Decker is a good last name to start with), make changes, view their profiles...just see how the system works on your phone. It's well-designed and most find that the mobile website is quite sufficient =)

• Jim Michael

I will second Mike's recommendation of running the Rock web site on Mobile. Unless you're looking at a "wide" grid of info (always difficult on mobile no matter what it is), Rock "just works" on a mobile screen. In fact, if you create a home screen icon to the Rock web site, it's just like Having a Rock app ;-)

• Photo of Jennifer Keylon

Thanks - yes, I see what you mean!