Question

Photo of Scott Severt

Sort Attendance by Family Name

Hi, I'm a few days into learning Rock. It's overwhelming, but I'd rather have too many options than too few.

My church takes attendance of the whole congregation during worship Sunday and Wednesday. This is currently done on paper, but I'd like to transition to using Rock. I've made an "Everyone" group and have it sync up with all active members and visitors and I'm able to take attendance with it as is.

My question is, can we have the list sorted by the Primary Family Name instead of the last name? Most of our families, have the same last name, but we have some whose children have different last names.  Ideally, I'd like it to be ordered like:

FamilyA, Head-of-house
  FamilyA, Other-Adult
  FamilyA, Child1
  Different-last-name, Child2
FamilyB, Head-of-house
  FamilyB, Child1

I see that I can add "{{ Person.PrimaryFamily.Name }}" to the attendance listing, but I don't see a way of changing the sort.

• Photo of Josiah Rocke

I know how to do it with a lava template, but I don't think I've seen any attendance entry page in Rock that would allow you to do that. You can add an idea and ask the community to vote for it here: https://community.rockrms.com/Ideas