Question

Photo of Adrian Schmidt

How to link event registration to checkin?

We’re completely new to RockRMS - but we want to do the following:

In this Covid era, in Alberta we are authorized to open our church, but we need to limit capacity, and also know who is at the church at any time (contact tracing). 

So the simple question is: How can I create a checkin that only includes the people who pre registered? Sorry for the novice question but any help will be really appreciated!!!

Adrian from Alberta, Canada

• Photo of Jim Michael

Adrian... this has been asked here before. Does this help? https://community.rockrms.com/ask/using/2384

• Photo of Adrian Schmidt

Thanks for the link, Jim! It was very helpful. 

However, we are still a little stuck in how to make the group. Here is my workflow:

I go to Application Groups.ApplicationGroups.PNG

Then, I go to create a new group, selecting Check In as the group type and saving.

GroupCheckIn.PNG

Once that is done, however, we try and access the application group we just created in a group, and it's not showing up. Any ideas?

Thanks for the links again!

Adrian

• Photo of Bob Rufenacht

Sounds like under System Settings -> Group Type, pick the application group you created, Display Options -> Show in Navigation needs to be checked.

• Photo of Jim Michael

Yeah. I'm also not sure how you got onto "Application Groups", as that has nothing to do with this. You need an entirely new group type for class/event registrations.

• Photo of Adrian Schmidt

Thank you so much for your help! I figured out - and will be going live soon (this week?) for pre-registration. Our church is reopening August 1!!!