Question

Photo of Sarah Booth

Name your ERP or financial software!

Hey friends!

Our team is considering new ERP options. We currently use Shelby Next Financials which was a sister product of Arena. Now that we are fully engaged with Rock, we'd like to see what others are using and how well it integrates.

So, do you mind answering these questions?

1) What is your ERP or financial system?
2) How successfully does it integrate with Rock? Examples?

3) Are you using AP and payment automation? Is it part of your ERP or a third party software?

Thanks for playing!! :)

• Photo of Jeremy Hoff

Hi Sarah,

Welcome!

1) What is your ERP or financial system?

My previous world, ShelbyNext Financials, like you.
    Currently, Quickbooks.

2) How successfully does it integrate with Rock? Examples?

SNF: I guess about as successful as practical, I'd say. I.E. the Shelby Batch from KFS system that helps our accounting dept. A few SQL queries (SNF is self-hosted) posted into Rock to help some processes, such as employee info such as sick/vacation leave as well as A/P info to help remit sales tax to the state and DE542 filings.  Like RockRMS, I wish SNF had Active Directory integration, which would help a little more (though I admit this isn't really SNF/Rock integration).

Quickbooks: nothing yet.  I wouldn't recommend SNF users move to Quickbooks. That's not to say it won't work, but it would be, at best, a lateral move. Either have their place in the church world.

3) Are you using AP... 

Yes.

4. ...and payment automation? Is it part of your ERP or a third party software?

...Nexonia has some interesting features on that front, especially when integrated with Intacct.

I hope that helps

• Photo of Sarah Booth

Thanks Jeremy!

• Photo of One Life Christian Church

You can connect rock to quickbooks with Zapier by sending a webhook from a workflow to a zap which then will send info to quickbooks.  In order to use the quickbooks zap you will need a paid version or just apply for the non profit discount for a free level that will work with quickbooks:  https://zapier.com/non-profits/

• Photo of Ben Murphy

I'd also agree that this would be a great recipe to share with the community. How many zaps are necessary for a small, medium, large org, etc?